INTRODUCING OUR UPDATED SAFETY MEASURES
For the health and safety of our Champion community, we’ve introduced comprehensive new procedures and safety measures that exceed local and CDC guidelines
PREPARING TO WELCOME YOU
The safety of our members and staff is what’s most important. We’ve been working on a carefully planned approach to begin to reopen.
In accordance with the state of Massachusetts and CDC guidelines, Champion is taking extra precautions to help us all stay safe and healthy. This includes extensive cleaning protocols, new scheduling rules, and social distancing practices.
But we’re not stopping there…
We’ve also taken an additional step by consulting with leading medical and health expert colleagues from professional sports leagues to further strengthen our new guidelines. We’re going above and beyond the current standards to assure every time you come to Champion you can focus on YOU and not worry about your safety.
THE NEW NORM
As we navigate through the reopening, there will be new policies and procedures, for both you and Champion, that will be consistent with governmental orders and guidelines.
Each of us will play an important role in making Champion a safe environment for us all. We appreciate your help and understanding as we work through this time together.
- Please stay home if you are sick, not feeling well, or have been exposed to someone that is sick
- Please wait outside until your scheduled appointment time and arrive on time
- Please have companions wait outside. Only staff, clients, and necessary companions are allowed inside
- Please wear a face-covering BEFORE entering Champion
- Please wash your hands or use hand sanitizer when first entering the building
- Please bring your own water bottle
- Please schedule your therapy or training sessions ahead of time. Walk-ins are not allowed
WHAT WE ARE DOING TO HELP KEEP YOU SAFE
All Champion clients and staff will be required to complete a mandatory Health Declaration each day to confirm they are not experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, nor have they come in contact with someone who is experiencing symptoms.
All Champion clients and staff will have body temperatures taken via touchless thermometers. Per state and CDC guidelines, individuals with an elevated body temperature will be asked to go home and follow up with their primary care physician.
All Champion clients and staff will be asked to alert Champion if they test positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of their last visit to the facility. We will email an anonymous notification to all potentially exposed persons if there is a confirmed case of COVID-19 at Champion.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
Our staff will be provided with a face mask that will be required to be worn at all times. All visitors will also be required to wear a face covering.
We recommend face coverings at all times. Clients will be required to wear face coverings before entering the building and at all times indoors when unable to social distance. Any equipment used without a face mask on will be sanitized immediately after use.
We are taking careful actions to facilitate social distancing during your training session.
You will likely notice increased spacing between equipment and within workout areas to allow for appropriate social distancing. We will also be designating spread out training areas on the gym floor. Physical therapy sessions will be spread out between the PT room and the gym.
To protect our clients and team members, we will practice social distancing. Coaches will be 6 feet apart during training sessions.
LIMITED TRAINING TIMES AND CAPACITIES
In order to limit the amount of people in the facility at one time, we will be enforcing capacity limits throughout the day. There will also be designating training times. Please do not arrive early before your scheduled training time. These will be spaced out throughout the day to allow groups of members to come and go from the facility with minimal contact. We will reserve time between designated training sessions to perform a comprehensive cleaning protocol of all equipment.
ADVANCED SCHEDULING REQUIRED
All clients will be asked to book their training in advance from the Champion website’s new scheduling page.
COMPREHENSIVE CLEANING PROTOCOLS
In addition to our standard cleaning efforts, several protocol additions are being made for further sanitation to exceed recommended guidelines. We continue to follow stringent sanitation protocols for proper disinfection, operation and maintenance, as well as adding additional procedures to achieve a new level of cleanliness.
This includes sanitizing and disinfecting all touch points within training areas and facility throughout the day.
- Prior to opening, we will be performing a deep cleaning of all equipment and professional fogging of the entire facility
- Continuous scheduled disinfection of high-touch surfaces throughout the facility
- Dedicated time between training sessions to allow staff cleaning prior to next session
- Enhanced cleaning protocols with EPA-registered, virus-killing disinfectants including COVID-19
- Team members receive ongoing training on cleaning protocols and are provided with disinfecting kits
SELF-CLEANING STATIONS FOR CLIENTS
- In addition to our regular cleaning by our staff, we have created a self-cleaning station for clients
- Cleaning stations of disinfectant spray and wipes to help encourage cleaning of equipment before and after use
- Hand-sanitizing stations throughout the facility
TEAM MEMBER SAFETY
Champion is dedicated to the health and safety of our entire community, including our team members. In addition to adapting the environment in which they work to help ensure adequate spacing, encouraging social distancing, and professionally cleaning the facility, team members will be required to wear masks and health checks will be taken prior to working each day, consistent with government orders and guidelines.
All of our staff has gone through training on Champion’s updated cleaning and safety standards, including how to properly use all new chemicals and equipment to keep Champion safe and clean.