JOIN TEAM CHAMPION
Champion is looking to add full-time and part-time pitching coaches to our team
We’re looking for dynamic and hard-working Pitching Coaches to join our amazing team at Champion. Our 11,000 sqft baseball performance facility is known for our expertise in baseball-specific physical therapy and sports performance programs. Now we’re looking to add pitching coaches to our team to provide a complete one-stop experience for our athletes. You will be heavily involved with our sports performance athletes of all levels, including middle school, high school, collegiate, and professional pitchers. We expect this to grow rapidly and provide an amazing opportunity.
We are considering a variety of positions, including a pitching coordinator and part-time coaches for lessons. Both salaried and hourly positions are available with a revenue share model.
The Pitching Coordinator position can be part-time or full-time with additional revenue share and may include health insurance benefits, paid time off, continuing education reimbursement, retirement benefits with company match, and more. We proudly offer industry-leading benefits to fully invest in our team members.
Our mission at Champion is to help athletes reach their potential by restoring, optimizing, and enhancing their performance to get the most out of their bodies. We do this by providing an integration of elite-level physical therapy, strength and conditioning, and sport-specific skill coaching based on each person’s individual needs and goals. You’ll have the opportunity to work in a dynamic integrated model based on the professional sports environment, collaborating with physical therapists and strength and conditioning coaches to get the most out of our athletes. We have a variety of technology that you can use including Rapsodo and force plates.
We value team-oriented people who are passionate about helping people and driven to continue growing as an individual. We’re looking for a coach who is outgoing, friendly, reliable, and competent at coaching, programming, and running skill sessions and lessons.
Coaching hours vary based on the time of year and may include a variety of times, including weekends and evenings.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
Pitching Coach – Ability to instruct pitching mechanics and pitch design, including video analysis, Rapsodo analysis, and writing throwing programs
Pitching Coordinator – Ability to manage coaches and organize schedules in addition to coaching, create pitcher reports for players, run technical equipment for bullpens, and coach our pro and college group bullpen sessions
Social media savvy with ability to create content to showcase and refine your coaching philosophy
Basic computer skills to prepare reports and write programs
Strong desire to advance yourself and your skills
Passion for working with athletes of all levels
Eagerness and open-mindedness to learn the Champion System and be part of a team
Exceptional people skills, communication skills, and professionalism to allow interactions with clients, parents, coaches, and other Champion team members
Uphold all of the Champion Core Values at all times
- Basic understanding of pitching mechanics, pitch design, coaching, and skill development
- Collegiate or professional baseball playing experience is preferred but not required.
- Coaching experience is preferred but not required
- Exercise Science degree preferred but not required
- Compensation will vary based on experience and position
THE CHAMPION DIFFERENCE
Our team are industry leaders who have been featured in publications including:
We are actively looking to fill an immediate position. Get your application in ASAP to be considered.
We are expecting many applications. Please follow the below instructions prior to applying or we may not consider your application.
- Step 1 – Film a brief ~3-minute video of yourself explaining why you want to become a pitching coach at Champion and why we should consider you.
- Step 2 – Upload the video to YouTube and set the restrictions to view it as “unlisted.”
- Step 3 – Click here to download our application and fill it out completely.
- Step 4 – Click here to send us an email – the subject of the email should be “Pitching Coach Application.” Use the body of the email as a brief cover letter and let us know which role you are applying for (Pitching Coordinator or Pitching Coach) and if interested in full-time or part-time work. Be sure to include the private link to view your application video. Attach the application and a resume that includes at least 3 professional references.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.